About This Site

Each month I select 20 songs (10 songs twice a month) that I am either hooked on or am curious about. Most of the music I select are rock, hip-hop, R&B and pop songs.

My song selection comes from 20-30 CDs I get from various sources each month, as well as recommendations from iTunes and Amazon. I also check out the charts in US, UK and Japan.

June 12, 2009

MxPx - Linda Linda (English)

Album: On The Cover II

“Linda Linda” is a very popular punk song sung by a Japanese punk band called Blue Hearts. Although the official title of this particular song is “Linda Linda (English)” the song starts out with the Japanese verse. The chorus part had been translated into English. Apparently they are not the first band to cover this track, as Andrew WK had covered it before. This song is on MxPx’s latest album containing all cover songs.

3 comments:

Ana said...

awesome!!!!! I've gotta show my brother this song. He likes this type of music, and he also liked the "linda linda" song even though he doesn't speak Japanese. hehe

Jack said...


Indiemusic

This is the first time I’ve read about this. I keep learning new things everyday!

Jack said...


Indiemusic

This is the first time I’ve read about this. I keep learning new things everyday!