About This Site

Each month I select 20 songs (10 songs twice a month) that I am either hooked on or am curious about. Most of the music I select are rock, hip-hop, R&B and pop songs.

My song selection comes from 20-30 CDs I get from various sources each month, as well as recommendations from iTunes and Amazon. I also check out the charts in US, UK and Japan.

December 15, 2009

The Bravery - Slow Poison

Album: Stir The Blood

When I first heard this latest single from the New York rock band, The Bravery, I thought it was a new single from The Killers. When I heard their last popular single, “Believe” I thought it was U2’s new single. With that said, The Bravery still seems to be searching for their own sound. For their new album, they worked with producer John Hill, who has worked with M.I.A. and Shakira for a unique collaboration. The result? It’s very 80s-ish synth rock. I do like this single and hope that they continue to find their sound.

No comments: