About This Site

Each month I select 20 songs (10 songs twice a month) that I am either hooked on or am curious about. Most of the music I select are rock, hip-hop, R&B and pop songs.

My song selection comes from 20-30 CDs I get from various sources each month, as well as recommendations from iTunes and Amazon. I also check out the charts in US, UK and Japan.

January 14, 2010

Blakroc - Ain't Nothing Like You (Hoochie Coo) /ft. Mos Def & Jim Jones

Album: Blakroc

I am really digging this song right now. Actually the whole album is really good. Blakroc is a name of a project where blues oriented rock group, The Black Keys got in a recording studio with bunch of rappers and hook singers for a couple of weeks. Sometimes when two people or groups from different genre collaborate, the result is not so great (think Chris Cornell and Timbaland), but sometimes, the result is remarkable such as this case. Despite the favorable reviews, I haven’t seen great sales data for this album, as I don’t think it has been properly promoted. It reminds me of songs I would hear at a jam club where seasoned musicians jam together, and out of a blue, a couple of rappers get on the stage and start rhyming.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Though being not a big fan of hip hop, I gotta appreciate the mix of blues and beat!