About This Site

Each month I select 20 songs (10 songs twice a month) that I am either hooked on or am curious about. Most of the music I select are rock, hip-hop, R&B and pop songs.

My song selection comes from 20-30 CDs I get from various sources each month, as well as recommendations from iTunes and Amazon. I also check out the charts in US, UK and Japan.

January 29, 2010

Jay-Z - Stranded (Haiti Mon Amour) /ft. Bono, The Edge & Rihanna

Album: Hope For Haiti Now

The massive earthquake in Haiti killed over 150,000 people in the Caribbean nation. To help raise awareness and money, George Clooney gathered bunch of friends for a charity telethon. All of the performers either sung their originals or cover song, but Jay-Z and U2’s Bono and The Edge created an original song for the occasion along with the producer Swizz Beatz. The digital only track sold 131,000 downloads in matter of two days. This studio version and the live version performed on the live telethon both appear on the album.

No comments: