About This Site

Each month I select 20 songs (10 songs twice a month) that I am either hooked on or am curious about. Most of the music I select are rock, hip-hop, R&B and pop songs.

My song selection comes from 20-30 CDs I get from various sources each month, as well as recommendations from iTunes and Amazon. I also check out the charts in US, UK and Japan.

January 14, 2010

Vampire Weekend - Cousins

Album: Contra

Columbia University educated band, Vampire Weekend had a clever online marketing for their sophomore album. They posted ads only containing the photo of a woman in polo shirt. When people clicked on it, the link led to Vampire Weekend’s website. The band had this to say to Pitchfork interview: “The first expression that I read into her was some sort of hesitation. We had a lot of discussions trying to figure out how old this person was when the picture was taken-- she could be 15 or 27. The ambiguity of her age and expression made me feel like she was on the cusp of something, which really matches the vibe of the new album.” The lead off single is “Cousins” and has already been getting quite a bit of airplay on the rock stations.

No comments: