About This Site

Each month I select 20 songs (10 songs twice a month) that I am either hooked on or am curious about. Most of the music I select are rock, hip-hop, R&B and pop songs.

My song selection comes from 20-30 CDs I get from various sources each month, as well as recommendations from iTunes and Amazon. I also check out the charts in US, UK and Japan.

July 30, 2010

Danger Mouse & Sparklehorse - Little Girl /ft. Julian Casablancas of The Strokes

Album: Dark Night Of The Soul

0000
I’ve never heard of Sparklehorse until this record in which he worked with the Gnarls Barkley’s Danger Mouse. Sparklehorse is an indie rock band with vocalist, Mark Linkous, who had just killed himself this spring (at age of 47). This album had been recorded over a year ago, but due to legal dispute, took a while to release. Danger Mouse and Sparklehorse invite numerous famous vocalists from popular bands such as The Flaming Lips, The Cardigans and Iggy Pop, as well as Julian Casablancas of The Strokes.

No comments: