About This Site

Each month I select 20 songs (10 songs twice a month) that I am either hooked on or am curious about. Most of the music I select are rock, hip-hop, R&B and pop songs.

My song selection comes from 20-30 CDs I get from various sources each month, as well as recommendations from iTunes and Amazon. I also check out the charts in US, UK and Japan.

March 27, 2008

Glen Hansard & Marketa Irglova - Falling Slowly

Album: Once Soundtrack

For this year’s Acamedy Award’s best song award (I’m still bummed that none of the songs from Walk Hard was nominated), three songs from Disney’s Enchanted were nominated as well as this song from the movie, Once, which I’ve seen ads on the music magazines, but have never really heard of. And to everyone’s surprise, this song won, so I had to check it out. It’s a decent duet, but I much preferred Hugh Grant and Haley Benett’s “Way Back Into Love” duet better.

No comments: