About This Site

Each month I select 20 songs (10 songs twice a month) that I am either hooked on or am curious about. Most of the music I select are rock, hip-hop, R&B and pop songs.

My song selection comes from 20-30 CDs I get from various sources each month, as well as recommendations from iTunes and Amazon. I also check out the charts in US, UK and Japan.

March 27, 2008

Annie Lennox - Sing /ft. Madonna, Celine Dion, Pink, Fergie, Joss Stone, etc

Album: Sing (Single)

Annie Lennox recorded this song with help from female superstars from around the globe to raise awareness of HIV/AIDS. To list all of the participants - Madonna, Celine Dion, Pink, Shakira, KT Tunstall, Dido, Faith Hill, Fergie, Sugababes, Beth Orton, Bonnie Raitt, Martha Wainwright, Joss Stone, Melissa Etheridge, Angelique Kidjo, Beverley Knight, KD Lang, Shingai Shoniwa, Gladys Knight, Isobel Campbell, Sarah McLachlan, Anastacia.

March 10th was apparently “Women and Girls HIV/AIDS Awareness Day”, so to help draw attention, she decided to release this song for free on Amazon MP3 for a week. This song is also recorded on Lennox’s recently released album, Songs of Mass Destruction. With so many vocalists on board, it’s hard to pick up some of their voices, but Madonna was obvious (since she gets a whole verse to herself), and I think I heard Fergie, Joss Stone and Pink (these three actually sounded similar, so maybe I only heard one of them). This song reminded me of “Sisters Are Doin’ It For Themselves” which was also sung by Lennox, while she was still part of Eurythmics.
More info on this song: www.annielennoxsing.com/sing.php


No comments: