About This Site

Each month I select 20 songs (10 songs twice a month) that I am either hooked on or am curious about. Most of the music I select are rock, hip-hop, R&B and pop songs.

My song selection comes from 20-30 CDs I get from various sources each month, as well as recommendations from iTunes and Amazon. I also check out the charts in US, UK and Japan.

March 27, 2008

Shirley Bassey - Get The Party Started

Album: Get The Party Started

Shirley Bassey is now Dam Shirley Bassey. She is most famous for recording, “Goldfinger” for James Bond film in 1964. At least in the US, she is popular for that song, but in the UK, she is Britian’s most successful female chart artist of all time with over 30 hit singles. This, as you may know, is a remix of Pink’s hit single. But you wouldn’t think that in the first 30 seconds (sounds like it could be Batman’s opening music), and then a minute into the song, the music bust into James Bond style. It’s a cool dance track that makes you want to drive really fast like… James Bond. This entire album, which consists of mostly cover songs, actually has that James Bond feel. If you like that stuff, it’s worth checking out.

No comments: