About This Site

Each month I select 20 songs (10 songs twice a month) that I am either hooked on or am curious about. Most of the music I select are rock, hip-hop, R&B and pop songs.

My song selection comes from 20-30 CDs I get from various sources each month, as well as recommendations from iTunes and Amazon. I also check out the charts in US, UK and Japan.

March 27, 2008

MGMT - Time To Pretend

Album: Oracular Spectacular

This was a free single on iTunes a few months ago, and now it’s starting to get airplay on rock stations. This New York band, MGMT consists of just two guys (I wonder how they will sound live), and they will be playing at Seattle’s Chop Suey next month as well as at Summersonic (big summer festival in Japan) this August. Actually, their entire album is really good. One of the most solid album release of the year thus far. I’m looking forward to their live show.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

They are a five-man group live. You can watch lots of performance vids on youtube.com.

JW said...

> Bruce
Thanks for the comment. I checked out some videos on YouTube (including the live performance on Letterman).