About This Site

Each month I select 20 songs (10 songs twice a month) that I am either hooked on or am curious about. Most of the music I select are rock, hip-hop, R&B and pop songs.

My song selection comes from 20-30 CDs I get from various sources each month, as well as recommendations from iTunes and Amazon. I also check out the charts in US, UK and Japan.

March 27, 2008

Nicole Atkins - Maybe Tonight

Album: Neptune City

I don’t listen to country music, but somehow I know some names, and I thought I knew her as a country musician, so I dismissed her debut CD and didn’t even bother listening to it (I later found out that there is a country star named Rodney Atkins, so I must’ve been thinking of him). But after seeing this video on VH1.com, I had to check her out. Her vocal sounds similar to Jenny Lewis of Rilo Kiley. Some of you may recall seeing her (and her band) on American Express commercial (YouTube) where they realize that their rental car is too small to fit all of their equipment and they need to rent a bigger SUV instead.

No comments: