About This Site

Each month I select 20 songs (10 songs twice a month) that I am either hooked on or am curious about. Most of the music I select are rock, hip-hop, R&B and pop songs.

My song selection comes from 20-30 CDs I get from various sources each month, as well as recommendations from iTunes and Amazon. I also check out the charts in US, UK and Japan.

March 27, 2008

Tiernan - End Of The World

Album: The End Of The World

This small local bar band in Japan, called Tiernan, was picked up on Tokyo's popular station, InterFM's morning show. The lead singer, Laurier Tiernan is from Canada, and along with ex-US Navy bassist and Japanese drummer they have been slowly gaining popularity in Japan. Something about this song is really catchy. Tiernan sings "Arnold Swarchenegger will be President of the United States...." and the consequence of that. Their songs can be purchased on their former label's website.

The quality is not that great, but you can see them perform this song at What the Dicken's (one of my favorite live houses in Japan): Live performance of Tiernan's "End of the World"

Here is their myspace link: www.myspace.com/tiernanband

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I had this song stuck in my head for a while! I appreciate that they care a lil about politics, even though they tend to exaggerate somewhat
-GManShepherd

LAURIER said...

Hey Daniel,

It's Laurier Tiernan. Thanks for appreciating our songs, and our motivation. ;)

Cha fa na,

L.t.
(guitars/vox for tiernan)

JW said...

Whoa, thanks for dropping by, Laurier Tiernan. I really like what your band is doing. I read that you recently had an open heart surgery? Glad to see that you are doing well. Can't wait to get my hand on the full album!

Unknown said...

gosh, if I had known that the band was reading what I was writing, I would have sucked up a little more ^^
but I do appreciate it!

LAURIER said...

JW and Daniel,

A friend tipped me off to this link she found and I thought I'd say "boo". JW, if you're the author of this blog, please hit me with a mail at tiernanband@gmail.com

I'm glad you're looking forward to the full album. I am too. ;) On March 6th I had to have emergency heart surgery for a condition I was born with, but my cardiologist says I'm healing well, that I ought to be able to concerts with tiernan again as of late May (despite some pain) and that I'll be stronger than ever as of late June.

Work on the video for "The End of the World" will resume as of that time, and at the same time tiernan will resume preproduction work on the first album that we want to put out by the end of this year.

Thank you both for your interest. :)

Cha,

L.t.
(guitars/vox for tiernan)