About This Site

Each month I select 20 songs (10 songs twice a month) that I am either hooked on or am curious about. Most of the music I select are rock, hip-hop, R&B and pop songs.

My song selection comes from 20-30 CDs I get from various sources each month, as well as recommendations from iTunes and Amazon. I also check out the charts in US, UK and Japan.

March 27, 2008

Snoop Dogg - Sets Up /ft. Pharrell

Album: Ego Trippin'

I was disappointed with Snoop’s new single, “Sensual Seduction” (or called, Sexual Eruption on the album) as it didn’t sound gangsta enough. I give him credit for trying something new, but it didn’t sound cool enough. His next single, “Life of da Party” had Too Short and Mistah FAB featured, but that didn’t sound that great either. After going through the entire album, I realized that there were only a couple of tracks that I liked, and this was one of them. The beat is very familiar Neptunes sound featuring Pharrell. For those of you that live outside of the US, Snoop now has his own reality show called “Fatherhood” where you get to see how he raises his kids. On one of the shows, his son wanted to learn how to play soccer, so Snoop called Beckham to come and help, and Beckham agreed to come. I was amazed that Snoop and Beckham could understand each other with their accents.

No comments: