About This Site

Each month I select 20 songs (10 songs twice a month) that I am either hooked on or am curious about. Most of the music I select are rock, hip-hop, R&B and pop songs.

My song selection comes from 20-30 CDs I get from various sources each month, as well as recommendations from iTunes and Amazon. I also check out the charts in US, UK and Japan.

March 15, 2009

A.R. Rahman - O... Saya /ft. M.I.A.

Album: Slumdog Millionaire Soundtrack

I’m not a huge film fan, so the only time I actually want to go to a theater and hand over $10 to see a movie, is when I know the movie has a good soundtrack. Slumdog was one of those films that after listening to some sample audio clips, I was very excited to see the film. And this track was my favorite. This song works so perfectly in the scene where the main character kids are running through the slum. The song showcases chaos, youth and coolness. I’m normally not a huge fan of M.I.A., but on this song, I actually think she sounds really cool (M.I.A.'s "Paper Planes" is also used effectively in the film). The film was very enjoyable, and I highly recommend everyone to see it.

No comments: