About This Site

Each month I select 20 songs (10 songs twice a month) that I am either hooked on or am curious about. Most of the music I select are rock, hip-hop, R&B and pop songs.

My song selection comes from 20-30 CDs I get from various sources each month, as well as recommendations from iTunes and Amazon. I also check out the charts in US, UK and Japan.

March 15, 2009

K'naan - Wavin' Flag

Album: Troubadour

Born in Somalia, Africa and raised in Canada, K’naan has a different background than most hip-hop artist in the industry. If you think surviving in the Bronx or Compton is hard, imagine growing up in the Somali Civil War. This makes K’naan an unique rapper, and this song, especially should appeal to a lot of non-hiphop fans. “Wavin’ Flag” would be a perfect song at a outdoor summer music festival with the crowd waving their arms as the sun set. I can’t wait for the summer.

No comments: