About This Site

Each month I select 20 songs (10 songs twice a month) that I am either hooked on or am curious about. Most of the music I select are rock, hip-hop, R&B and pop songs.

My song selection comes from 20-30 CDs I get from various sources each month, as well as recommendations from iTunes and Amazon. I also check out the charts in US, UK and Japan.

March 31, 2009

Chris Cornell - Scream /ft. Timbaland

Album: Scream

The cover photo tells it all. Chris Cornell, the rock god, decided to smash up his guitar to quit rock-n-roll. When I first heard that Timbaland and Cornell were working together, I was excited to hear this odd matchup. But the expectation might’ve been a little too high, because none of the songs on the album sound “cool.” Chris Cornell tries to sing club pop style of songs which Justin Timberlake did well with, but with Cornell’s dark vocal, the music and the vocal just don’t match. As much as I wanted this to succeed, it didn’t go nearly as well as Beck and Gnarls Barkley’s Danger Mouse collaboration did. This track was one of the few that I liked the beat (but not the singing).

No comments: