About This Site

Each month I select 20 songs (10 songs twice a month) that I am either hooked on or am curious about. Most of the music I select are rock, hip-hop, R&B and pop songs.

My song selection comes from 20-30 CDs I get from various sources each month, as well as recommendations from iTunes and Amazon. I also check out the charts in US, UK and Japan.

March 15, 2009

The Raconteurs - Old Enough [Bluegrass Version] /ft. Ricky Skaggs & Ashley Monroe

Album: Old Enough (Single)

I was channel surfing the other day, and I saw Jack White of White Stripes jamming along with some country stars, on Country Music Television channel. It turned out to be The Raconteurs jamming along with bluegrass artist Ricky Skaggs and country singer Ashley Monroe. The song was so bluegrass that I was immediately picturing Coen Brother’s movie O Brother, Where Art Though. Someone once said that Jack White is our generation of Robert Plant. Robert Plant decided to team up with Alison Krauss for a bluegrass-ish album. Maybe it is a thing to do if you are considered a musical genius.

No comments: