About This Site

Each month I select 20 songs (10 songs twice a month) that I am either hooked on or am curious about. Most of the music I select are rock, hip-hop, R&B and pop songs.

My song selection comes from 20-30 CDs I get from various sources each month, as well as recommendations from iTunes and Amazon. I also check out the charts in US, UK and Japan.

October 13, 2009

Jay-Z - Empire State Of Mind /ft. Alicia Keys

Album: The Blueprint 3

The votes are in, and MTV hip-hop panels have selected Jay-Z to be the Hottest MC of 2009. The rest of top 10 is followed by Lil Wayne, Drake Kanye West, Rick Ross, Gucci Mane, Young Jeezy, Fabolous, 50 Cent and Raekwon. Eminem’s omission is being hugely debated right now. But beside that, Jay-Z was undoubtedly #1 this year. His performance of this track, “Empire State of Mind” with Alicia Keys on VMA (although Lil Mama sort of crashed the party in the end) was memorable, and his charity live concert at Madison Garden to support victims of September 11 attack was also something.

No comments: