About This Site

Each month I select 20 songs (10 songs twice a month) that I am either hooked on or am curious about. Most of the music I select are rock, hip-hop, R&B and pop songs.

My song selection comes from 20-30 CDs I get from various sources each month, as well as recommendations from iTunes and Amazon. I also check out the charts in US, UK and Japan.

October 13, 2009

Mando Diao - Dance With Somebody

Album: Give Me Fire

I’ve been a fan of Mando Diao since 2003 when they had songs like “The Band” and “Bring ‘Em In.” Their last album from 2007, Ode To Ochrasy was also great. As a rock group from Sweden, they are often compared to The Hives, but unfortunately, Mando Diao hasn’t had the international recognition just yet. I was excited when VH1 picked up their latest single, “Dance With Somebody” but despite it being a great track (in my opinion) it didn’t catch on in the US, and never got a release date for their fifth album, Give Me Fire. The album was released in their native country Sweden as well as Austria, Switzerland, Germany and Japan. One of these days, I hope they will get a chance to expand their career.

No comments: