About This Site

Each month I select 20 songs (10 songs twice a month) that I am either hooked on or am curious about. Most of the music I select are rock, hip-hop, R&B and pop songs.

My song selection comes from 20-30 CDs I get from various sources each month, as well as recommendations from iTunes and Amazon. I also check out the charts in US, UK and Japan.

October 13, 2009

Warren G - 100 Miles And Runnin' /ft. Raekwon & Nate Dogg

Album: The G-File

West coast rapper, famous for hits like “Regulate” and “This DJ” from the 90s, Warren G is back with a new album. The G-File is rapper’s sixth album, and features guests such as Snoop Dogg, Mr. Lucc, Halla, Travis Barker (of Blink 182) as well as Nate Dogg and Wu-Tang’s Raekwon (who was recently named #10 best rapper this year by MTV). Although Warren G doesn’t get the kind of attention he used to get in the 90s, he proves on most of the tracks that he still has it. Some of the other songs on the album, such as “Ringtone” and “Crush” seemed a little forced, as if he’s trying too hard to lure in the young listeners of today. Personally, I prefer this old school groove g-funk track like “100 Miles And Runnin’”

No comments: