About This Site

Each month I select 20 songs (10 songs twice a month) that I am either hooked on or am curious about. Most of the music I select are rock, hip-hop, R&B and pop songs.

My song selection comes from 20-30 CDs I get from various sources each month, as well as recommendations from iTunes and Amazon. I also check out the charts in US, UK and Japan.

October 29, 2009

Death Cab For Cutie - Meet Me On The Equinox

Album: Twilight: New Moon Soundtrack

I should start by saying that I’m not much of Death Cab For Cutie fan nor, am I a fan of Twilight series. I haven’t read the book or seen the movie, so I haven’t really experienced the phenomenon first hand just yet. But I did think that last soundtrack from the film had good compilation of rock songs. For the second series, the music supervisor went more indie, and brought in acts like Grizzly Bear and Bon Iver as well as Seattle’s (Bellingham to be exact), Death Cab For Cutie. Unlike last time, all of these songs were specifically written (or at least rewritten) for the film. As I don’t plan on watching the film, I could never say whether this lead single fits the film or not, but I was intrigued by the selection by the producers, so I thought I would give it a listen.

No comments: