About This Site

Each month I select 20 songs (10 songs twice a month) that I am either hooked on or am curious about. Most of the music I select are rock, hip-hop, R&B and pop songs.

My song selection comes from 20-30 CDs I get from various sources each month, as well as recommendations from iTunes and Amazon. I also check out the charts in US, UK and Japan.

December 16, 2010

Nicki Minaj - Roman's Revenge /ft. Eminem

Album: Pink Friday

I read an interesting interview of Nicki Minaj. She started out in the mixtape by being a bit of Lil Kim/Foxy Brown, using P-words and C-words. But lately, Nicki has realized that she has a lot of younger fans, like 8 year olds, and she no longer feels comfortable shouting, “where my bitches at!” at concerts, and lately calls them her “barbies.” I think she is by far the hottest female MC today, and even in the company of men, I would list her as one of the best. How she can go from one bar to the next, completely changing her character reminds me of Eminem, and this track proves that she can spit next to the best rapper and still make her sound good.

No comments: