About This Site

Each month I select 20 songs (10 songs twice a month) that I am either hooked on or am curious about. Most of the music I select are rock, hip-hop, R&B and pop songs.

My song selection comes from 20-30 CDs I get from various sources each month, as well as recommendations from iTunes and Amazon. I also check out the charts in US, UK and Japan.

December 31, 2010

Ariel Pink's Haunted Graffiti - Round And Round

Album: Before Today

Pitchfork - indie music magazine’s top 5 songs of 2010 went like this: #1 Ariel Pink’s Haunted Graffiti – Round and Round; #2 Kanye West – Runaway; #3 LCD Soundsystem – I Can Change; #4 Robyn – Dancing On My Own; #5 Big Boi – Shutterbugg. The number 1 sounded familiar, and it turned out that I had it on my iTunes (must’ve been part of free song package from Spin magazine or itunes or Amazon MP3). On the magazine, they claim that this song sounds similar to last year’s their #1 choice, Animal Collective – My Girls. I have to admit that I’m not a huge fan of either of those songs, but someone out there must think this is great.

No comments: