About This Site

Each month I select 20 songs (10 songs twice a month) that I am either hooked on or am curious about. Most of the music I select are rock, hip-hop, R&B and pop songs.

My song selection comes from 20-30 CDs I get from various sources each month, as well as recommendations from iTunes and Amazon. I also check out the charts in US, UK and Japan.

May 14, 2009

Chester French - She Loves Everybody

Album: Love The Future

Chester French was formed by two students from Harvard University. Both Kanye West and Pharrell became interested in signing the band, and after a bidding war between the two hip-hop giants, Pharrell's Star Trak won. It's odd to think that hip-hop producers were interested in signing them considering that their music is more pop rock oriented. I listened to their entire album, but it sounded like three complete different bands put together the album. A lot of the songs sounded like early Billy Joel, but some sounded like Weezer, Fountains of Wayne type of pop rock. Then there's "She Loves Everybody" which sounds more like UK rock (Arctic Monkeys comes to mind). Maybe these Harvard guys are too smart for their own good, because even though I liked this track, I didn't enjoy their "all-over-the-place" album.

No comments: