About This Site

Each month I select 20 songs (10 songs twice a month) that I am either hooked on or am curious about. Most of the music I select are rock, hip-hop, R&B and pop songs.

My song selection comes from 20-30 CDs I get from various sources each month, as well as recommendations from iTunes and Amazon. I also check out the charts in US, UK and Japan.

May 14, 2009

Jupiter Rising - Falling Away

Album: The Quiet Hype

If Black Eyed Peas enlisted Timbaland to produce a song, the result may sound similar to Jupiter Rising’s latest single, Falling Away. Despite that complimenting comparison to chart burning producers, I have to say that they still lack the star power. It’s a catchy enough song, but probably not enough to grab everyone’s attention. I’ve liked their past two records, and they are getting better at crafting catchy pop tunes. Maybe by next album release, they will finally have a top 10 hit.

No comments: