About This Site

Each month I select 20 songs (10 songs twice a month) that I am either hooked on or am curious about. Most of the music I select are rock, hip-hop, R&B and pop songs.

My song selection comes from 20-30 CDs I get from various sources each month, as well as recommendations from iTunes and Amazon. I also check out the charts in US, UK and Japan.

May 14, 2009

Melody Gardot - Baby I'm A Fool

Album: My One And Only Thrill

Yes, it is odd to see slow jazz song included in my selection, but I occasionally come across a gem like Melody Gardot. I stumbled upon her debut album last year and fell in love with her Norah Jones-esque voice. As I wrote last time, Gardot became disabled after a bicycle accident. When she performs, she needs a special chair for her muscle pain. She is also ultra sensitive to light and noise. Despite all of that difficulty, when she sings, you feel like you are out in a nature with birds singing. This track from her second album is already a hit in Japan, but also check out her cover of “Over the Rainbow” (which actually has birds chirping sound effect) which has Brazilian feel to it.

1 comment:

Way said...

she is definitely one of my fav singers right now =)