About This Site

Each month I select 20 songs (10 songs twice a month) that I am either hooked on or am curious about. Most of the music I select are rock, hip-hop, R&B and pop songs.

My song selection comes from 20-30 CDs I get from various sources each month, as well as recommendations from iTunes and Amazon. I also check out the charts in US, UK and Japan.

May 14, 2009

The Fray - Heartless [Swinghouse Session]

Album: The Fray Live: iTunes Pass

no sample
This year’s American Idol contestant, Kris Allen hadn’t been standing out much on the show, but during the top 3 performance week, he came through with acoustic version of Kanye West’s “Heartless.” It was bossa nova, street musician style, and I loved it. Just a few weeks ago, The Fray had released their version on piano, which is probably where Kris Allen got the inspiration from. Kanye isn’t the greatest singer in the world, but when you hear it sung by someone like The Fray, you realize how good the song really is, and how brilliant Kanye West is for writing a song like that.

No comments: