About This Site

Each month I select 20 songs (10 songs twice a month) that I am either hooked on or am curious about. Most of the music I select are rock, hip-hop, R&B and pop songs.

My song selection comes from 20-30 CDs I get from various sources each month, as well as recommendations from iTunes and Amazon. I also check out the charts in US, UK and Japan.

May 28, 2009

Del The Funky Homosapien - Young Adrenaline

Album: Funk Man

no sample
I've heard this rapper's name before, but I couldn't think of why I knew. I'm not very keen on underground or indie hip-hop, but after hearing the voice, I recognized him from Gorillaz's hit song, "Clint Eastwood." Del is also Ice Cube's cousin. Del The Funky Homosapien became tired of labels not doing much, and albums not selling much, so he decided to distribute his music for free. In exchange? He just wants people to hear his music. I went to his official site, download the album for free, enjoyed it (particularly this track), so the least I could do it is promote it some more.

No comments: