About This Site

Each month I select 20 songs (10 songs twice a month) that I am either hooked on or am curious about. Most of the music I select are rock, hip-hop, R&B and pop songs.

My song selection comes from 20-30 CDs I get from various sources each month, as well as recommendations from iTunes and Amazon. I also check out the charts in US, UK and Japan.

May 14, 2009

The Crystal Method - Drown In The Now /ft. Matisyahu

Album: Divided By Night

I haven't listened to The Crystal Method since their 1997 album, Vegas, which was released in the peak of 90s electronica music scene (along with Orbital, Chemical Brothers, The Prodigy just to name a few). Their latest single, Drown In The Now featuring the Jewish reggae rapper Matisyahu, is a cool song reminiscent of their glory days. But the rest of the album, not so much. I don't know if they are trying to go pop, but none of the other tracks on the album sound as strong. Their latest album is available for $3 at Amazon MP3 store.

No comments: