About This Site

Each month I select 20 songs (10 songs twice a month) that I am either hooked on or am curious about. Most of the music I select are rock, hip-hop, R&B and pop songs.

My song selection comes from 20-30 CDs I get from various sources each month, as well as recommendations from iTunes and Amazon. I also check out the charts in US, UK and Japan.

May 28, 2009

Busta Rhymes - Hustler's Anthem '09' /ft. T-Pain

Album: Back On My B.S.

Busta Rhymes' 8th album, Back On My BS took a very long time to get released as he switched labels. The album release was hardly noticed as it didn't generate much sale. Although his last album, The Big Bang did fairly well, thanks to the single, "Touch It", I feel like Busta Rhymes' popularity is going down. He is one of the most dynamic rappers out there with recognizeable uniqueness. But perhaps he does better when he is a featured artist instead of rapping a whole song. It's always a joy to listen to remixes of other rappers and hear him come on and do his crazy thing. This single was released a few months ago, and although I like the beat, it seems to lack the fire Busta once had.

No comments: