About This Site

Each month I select 20 songs (10 songs twice a month) that I am either hooked on or am curious about. Most of the music I select are rock, hip-hop, R&B and pop songs.

My song selection comes from 20-30 CDs I get from various sources each month, as well as recommendations from iTunes and Amazon. I also check out the charts in US, UK and Japan.

February 28, 2010

Gorillaz - Stylo /ft. Bobby Womack & Mos Def

Album: Plastic Beach

Animated virtual band, lead by Blur’s Damon Albarn is back with their third album, Plastic Beach. Albarn mentioned that it is going to be the most “pop” album he has ever worked on. Once again there are a lot of guests on the album, including Snoop Dogg, Lou Reed, Mick Jones, De La Soul and more. For this track, Bobby Womack and Mos Def lend a hand. I haven’t heard any other songs on the album yet, as the album will be released in early March, but I didn’t particularly think that this song was as catchy as their previous singles.

No comments: