About This Site

Each month I select 20 songs (10 songs twice a month) that I am either hooked on or am curious about. Most of the music I select are rock, hip-hop, R&B and pop songs.

My song selection comes from 20-30 CDs I get from various sources each month, as well as recommendations from iTunes and Amazon. I also check out the charts in US, UK and Japan.

February 14, 2010

Lady Antebellum - Need You Now

Album: Need You Now

Every couple of years, I watch the Grammy’s and I notice a country song that hits me somehow. I’m not a country music fan, so I hardly ever listen to it, unless I’m at a country fair (which I hardly ever go to), or if I’m watching the Grammy’s and a country act performs. Three years ago, I really liked Dixie Chicks’ “Not Ready to Make Nice” and this year, I fell for Lady Antebellum’s “Need You Now.” The lyrics is so simple (“it’s quarter after one. I’m a little drunk and I need you now”) yet, touching, and the music goes well with it.

No comments: