About This Site

Each month I select 20 songs (10 songs twice a month) that I am either hooked on or am curious about. Most of the music I select are rock, hip-hop, R&B and pop songs.

My song selection comes from 20-30 CDs I get from various sources each month, as well as recommendations from iTunes and Amazon. I also check out the charts in US, UK and Japan.

February 14, 2010

Helping Haiti - Everybody Hurts

Album: Everybody Hurts (Single)

no sample
Simon Cowell may be only known to American audiences as the “judge.” But he is actually a record producer, and has a lot of connections with numerous musicians. He was supposedly asked by the British Prime Minister to gather his talents to put together a charity song, and as a result, he recruited superstars such as Leona Lewis, Rod Stewart, Mariah Care, Cheryl Cole, Miley Cyrus, Bon Jovi, Susan Boyle, Kylie Minogue and Robbie Williams to cover R.E.M.’s classic hit, “Everybody Hurts.” The result? It tries to be “We Are the World” but it’s hard to get each singer’s personality on it. I bought the track for the cause, but after a few listen, I’m already bored of the song. At least it sold enough to make it number 1 in UK.

No comments: