About This Site

Each month I select 20 songs (10 songs twice a month) that I am either hooked on or am curious about. Most of the music I select are rock, hip-hop, R&B and pop songs.

My song selection comes from 20-30 CDs I get from various sources each month, as well as recommendations from iTunes and Amazon. I also check out the charts in US, UK and Japan.

July 29, 2009

The Dead Weather - So Far From Your Weapon

Album: Horehound

I personally think Jack White is one of the most brilliant musician to come forward this decade. Both the White Stripes and the Raconteurs are great bands. This time, White extends his hands (and drumming skill) to another super band, this time recruiting The Kills foxy singer, Alison Mosshart, fellow Raconteurs bass player (the one with glasses), Jack Lawrence, and The Queen of the Stone Age’s guitarist Dean Fertita. The Dead Weather may be my least favorite of Jack White venture, as some tracks sound a little too alternative for me, but some of the songs, like this one keeps me rooting for more of Jack White projects.

No comments: