About This Site

Each month I select 20 songs (10 songs twice a month) that I am either hooked on or am curious about. Most of the music I select are rock, hip-hop, R&B and pop songs.

My song selection comes from 20-30 CDs I get from various sources each month, as well as recommendations from iTunes and Amazon. I also check out the charts in US, UK and Japan.

July 18, 2009

Gin Wigmore - Under My Skin

Album: Extended Play

This New Zealand artist won a songwriting competition when she was only 16 years, expressing her thoughts on her father's death. She came to my attention after watching a clip of Air New Zealand's crazy creative safety video, you know the one where they tell you how to use the oxygen mask and seatbelt. The flight crew on that video are all nude, except for the body paint. Of course, since all ages will be seeing this video on the flight, all the private areas are nicely covered with objects and camera angles. Gin Wigmore's "Under My Skin" can be heard in the background, and it is catchy and memorable. Her smoky voice reminds me of Macy Gray. She has only released an EP album so far, but is currently working on a full album.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great adaptation of the song whose version by Seether is very interesting in contrast as well.
the safety video really keeps your attention, too :)