About This Site

Each month I select 20 songs (10 songs twice a month) that I am either hooked on or am curious about. Most of the music I select are rock, hip-hop, R&B and pop songs.

My song selection comes from 20-30 CDs I get from various sources each month, as well as recommendations from iTunes and Amazon. I also check out the charts in US, UK and Japan.

July 18, 2009

Seether - I've Got You Under My Skin

Album: I've Got You Under My Skin (Single)

no sample
South African band Seether recently released a cover of George Michael’s “Careless Whisper”, and now they are doing another cover, this time one of Frank Sinatra’s. To commemorate Frank Sinatra, iTunes has asked numerous artists to cover Sinatra’s catalog. Artists such as Maroon 5, Meiko, The Kills have attempted their version. Some do it just like the original, and do a good job (like Maroon 5), but some tried to do their own version and fail. Seether does a darker version of “I’ve Got You Under My Skin” but it actually works quite well. It may take a couple of listens before you can appreciate it, but maybe they should think about doing all cover album, as they are good at interpreting other artists’ songs.

No comments: