About This Site

Each month I select 20 songs (10 songs twice a month) that I am either hooked on or am curious about. Most of the music I select are rock, hip-hop, R&B and pop songs.

My song selection comes from 20-30 CDs I get from various sources each month, as well as recommendations from iTunes and Amazon. I also check out the charts in US, UK and Japan.

July 29, 2009

Pet Shop Boys - Love Etc.

Album: Yes

Dance pop duo, Pet Shop Boys recently broke the record for most #1s among duos or groups on Dance/Club Play Songs chart. Their latest single, “Love Etc” became their ninth #1 song on the chart, breaking Depeche Mode’s previous record. Looking into my music hard drive, I don’t have anything from them since the 80s. I wasn’t aware that they continued to generate dance hits well into the 90s and today. So, I’m choosing this song this month as they have proven that they are not just the 80s long lost act. And it’s a good dance pop song as well.

No comments: