About This Site

Each month I select 20 songs (10 songs twice a month) that I am either hooked on or am curious about. Most of the music I select are rock, hip-hop, R&B and pop songs.

My song selection comes from 20-30 CDs I get from various sources each month, as well as recommendations from iTunes and Amazon. I also check out the charts in US, UK and Japan.

July 29, 2009

Keri Hilson - Knock You Down /ft. Kanye West & Ne-Yo

Album: In A Perfect World

I was almost ready to dismiss Keri Hilson as she wasn’t generating huge hits despite all the backing from major producers and rappers. But this song finally put Keri on the top 10 map. My only concern is that despite its strong chart success in both UK and US, I don’t notice Keri so much on the song. This seems more of Kanye’s song or even Ne-Yo’s. Hopefully that won’t make Keri into a hook singing side kick. I do want to mention that Kanye really shines on this song, and mentioning Michael Jackson on the song probably helps, too.

No comments: