About This Site

Each month I select 20 songs (10 songs twice a month) that I am either hooked on or am curious about. Most of the music I select are rock, hip-hop, R&B and pop songs.

My song selection comes from 20-30 CDs I get from various sources each month, as well as recommendations from iTunes and Amazon. I also check out the charts in US, UK and Japan.

July 29, 2009

Jay-Z - D.O.A. (Death Of Auto-Tune)

Album: D.O.A. (Single)

This song is getting a lot of attention since Jay-Z, the self claimed “best rapper alive” has killed and dissed auto-tune. What is interesting is that Jay-Z mentioned that it was Kanye West, who suggested that he rap about the subject, even though Kanye’s last album was recorded all in auto-tune. There is a lot of inside report that after this song release, a lot of rappers and pop artists are going back to the studio to get rid of their auto-tune sound. Jay-Z himself had to take out a track which he recorded along with Kanye West that used an auto-tune. Could this be the reason of Mariah and Diddy both announcing that their albums will be delayed? What will T-Pain do now? With all of that aside, when I first heard this song, I didn’t think much of it, but the more I listen to it, the music is powerful and it gets to you.

No comments: