About This Site

Each month I select 20 songs (10 songs twice a month) that I am either hooked on or am curious about. Most of the music I select are rock, hip-hop, R&B and pop songs.

My song selection comes from 20-30 CDs I get from various sources each month, as well as recommendations from iTunes and Amazon. I also check out the charts in US, UK and Japan.

July 18, 2009

Southside - DirtyBook

Album: Liquors

no sample
Indie hip-hop group, Southside has been putting on shows at small venues around Seattle for a few years now. It’s hard to label them in any genre, but Southside includes several rappers and a live band. They recently released their brand new album, Liquors. From listening to their album, you can tell that they are having a great time making music as they don’t take themselves too seriously. In fact, they shine the most on lighthearted materials such as this track, “DirtyBook.” The verses by Thunderball is the highlight: starting with dipping in punch bowl and ending with encoding for Quicktime file 5 MB download. Hilarious.

No comments: