About This Site

Each month I select 20 songs (10 songs twice a month) that I am either hooked on or am curious about. Most of the music I select are rock, hip-hop, R&B and pop songs.

My song selection comes from 20-30 CDs I get from various sources each month, as well as recommendations from iTunes and Amazon. I also check out the charts in US, UK and Japan.

July 18, 2009

Jamie Foxx & Ne-Yo - I'll Be There [Live]

Album: BET Award 2009

no sample
I was looking for a track in honor of Michael Jackson’s death, but was surprised to find that iTunes or Amazon MP3 were not releasing any tribute album for a good cause. I didn’t watch the entire Memorial Service, but some of the performances such as Mariah’s “I’ll Be There” didn’t sound as good as she did 15 years ago. I was happy to find this version with Jamie Foxx and Ne-Yo did at this year’s BET Music Award, which had a lot of tribute for Michael Jackson, including Ciara doing “Heal the World.” Maybe in several months, iTunes will do a similar thing they did for Frank Sinatra, where the contemporary artists cover the legend’s hits.

No comments: