About This Site

Each month I select 20 songs (10 songs twice a month) that I am either hooked on or am curious about. Most of the music I select are rock, hip-hop, R&B and pop songs.

My song selection comes from 20-30 CDs I get from various sources each month, as well as recommendations from iTunes and Amazon. I also check out the charts in US, UK and Japan.

December 14, 2008

50 Cent - Get Up

Album: Get Up (Single)

Produced by Scott Storch, 50 Cent tries to prove that he is still relevant in the rap world ruled by Lil Wayne. Initially his fourth album was supposed to be released in early December, but now it is being pushed to February of 2009. His fellow Interscope mates Dr. Dre and Eminem were also supposed to release their new albums this month, but they are also being delayed. I was waiting to post this song review until at least the official album cover art was released, but considering that 50’s last album was delayed several times, I figured I should review it now. It may not be as good as the monster hit, “In Da Club”, but it sounds better than anything from his previous album, Curtis.


No comments: