About This Site

Each month I select 20 songs (10 songs twice a month) that I am either hooked on or am curious about. Most of the music I select are rock, hip-hop, R&B and pop songs.

My song selection comes from 20-30 CDs I get from various sources each month, as well as recommendations from iTunes and Amazon. I also check out the charts in US, UK and Japan.

December 14, 2008

Michael Franti & Spearhead - Say Hey (I Love You) /ft. Cherine Anderson

Album: All Rebel Rockers

I had never heard of him until I saw him at this summer’s Sasquatch Festival. The way he worked the crowd was quite amazing, and I didn’t know that he had such strong following. It’s hard to classify his song in one particular genre as sometimes he does more hip-hop oriented stuff, and other times, it’s more reggae or folk or jazz. I’m just going to call it pop. He is famous for singing very political songs. But for this track, he tries to sing about love, a simple story about a boy falling for a girl.

No comments: