About This Site

Each month I select 20 songs (10 songs twice a month) that I am either hooked on or am curious about. Most of the music I select are rock, hip-hop, R&B and pop songs.

My song selection comes from 20-30 CDs I get from various sources each month, as well as recommendations from iTunes and Amazon. I also check out the charts in US, UK and Japan.

December 30, 2008

Maroon 5 - Wake Up Call [Mark Ronson Remix] /ft. Mary J. Blige

Album: Call And Response: The Remix Album

During this time of the year, a lot of artists release Best Of, Live music, or Remix albums. Good Charlotte did greatest hits remixed, last month, which I didn’t think was that great. Maroon 5 does the same by enlisting some hottest producers and remixers. Most of the remixes are so-so, but this remixed track, Wake Up Call (originally a hit last year), caught my attention. I really like Mark Ronson’s sound (he produced Amy Winehouse’s hit album), and if Maroon 5 and Mary J. is in a same track, how could it go wrong?

No comments: