About This Site

Each month I select 20 songs (10 songs twice a month) that I am either hooked on or am curious about. Most of the music I select are rock, hip-hop, R&B and pop songs.

My song selection comes from 20-30 CDs I get from various sources each month, as well as recommendations from iTunes and Amazon. I also check out the charts in US, UK and Japan.

December 30, 2008

Shirley Manson - Samson And Delilah

Album: Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles Soundtrack

no sample
I have yet to watch a single episode, but I was excited to hear that lead singer of Garbage, Shirley Manson has ventured off into acting. She plays some evil CEO on TV version of Terminator. And she sung the cover song of “Samson And Delilah” for the second season premier. The original of this song has been recorded by Blind Willie Johnson in 1927, but the most famous cover thus far is by The Grateful Dead. Shirley’s version doesn’t sound anything like the original. It has the eerie, James Bond-ish feel to the song. Now, I just wish that Ms. Manson would release that solo album that she had been working on the past few years.

No comments: