About This Site

Each month I select 20 songs (10 songs twice a month) that I am either hooked on or am curious about. Most of the music I select are rock, hip-hop, R&B and pop songs.

My song selection comes from 20-30 CDs I get from various sources each month, as well as recommendations from iTunes and Amazon. I also check out the charts in US, UK and Japan.

December 14, 2008

Leona Lewis - Run

Album: Spirit - The Deluxe Edition

As some of you may know, I tend to like a lot of UK music (mostly UK rock), and I was always disappointed that I couldn’t purchase anything from iTunes UK without having proof of UK residence. But now there is Amazon UK MP3 store that is even better. They have DRM free (meaning you can play on any device or make copies without any restrictions) MP3s for about 0.6 pounds. Leona Lewis recently released a deluxe edition of her debut album in UK, containing a few new songs, including this cover of Snow Patrol’s “Run.” It is not available in the US yet, and I was happy to find out that I can actually download from Amazon UK. This is an amazing song to begin with, but Leona Lewis (with a help from choir group backing her) pulls the song into a new direction.