About This Site

Each month I select 20 songs (10 songs twice a month) that I am either hooked on or am curious about. Most of the music I select are rock, hip-hop, R&B and pop songs.

My song selection comes from 20-30 CDs I get from various sources each month, as well as recommendations from iTunes and Amazon. I also check out the charts in US, UK and Japan.

April 14, 2009

Seether - Careless Whisper

Album: Careless Whisper (Single)

80s kids will know this as Wham song. Some of the 90s kids may recognize the song as Tamia covered it for A Night at the Roxbury movie. Now the kids in 2000s will get to hear it from the South African rock band, Seether. This cover of George Michael classic (Wham song to be exact), has turned into a huge hit. Listening to it again makes me realize what a great songwriter George Michael used to be in his prime. Seether is currently on tour with Nickelback and don’t plan on going to the studio any time soon, so this track has been released as a single only track so far.

1 comment:

Tako said...

I've heard many variations of this song and this is one of the most interesting yet. I guess it just shows how great of a song this really is.