About This Site

Each month I select 20 songs (10 songs twice a month) that I am either hooked on or am curious about. Most of the music I select are rock, hip-hop, R&B and pop songs.

My song selection comes from 20-30 CDs I get from various sources each month, as well as recommendations from iTunes and Amazon. I also check out the charts in US, UK and Japan.

November 29, 2009

50 Cent - Baby By Me /ft. Ne-Yo

Album: Before I Self Destruct

50 Cent has been meaning to release his Before I Self Destruct album for close to a year now. There may be a lot of reason for the delay, but for an artist that has always sold more than 500,000 copies during the first week of sale, this fourth album is a disappointment, selling less than 160,000 copies. 50 calmly explained that it’s because his album leaked online weeks before the official release. That may have dented some number, but considering that he hasn’t had a top 10 single in several years, 50 Cent may not be as hot as he thinks he is anymore. Recently he began picking on Jay-Z to give himself more attention, but so far Jay-Z hasn’t fired back.

No comments: