About This Site

Each month I select 20 songs (10 songs twice a month) that I am either hooked on or am curious about. Most of the music I select are rock, hip-hop, R&B and pop songs.

My song selection comes from 20-30 CDs I get from various sources each month, as well as recommendations from iTunes and Amazon. I also check out the charts in US, UK and Japan.

November 12, 2009

Rihanna - Russian Roulette

Album: Russian Roulette (Single)

A lot of people were not expecting Rihanna to come out with an album by end of the year, after she was physically abused by her then-boyfriend, Chris Brown. But the announcement was made, and she came out with this dramatic single. Most blogs talked about her provocative cover, but dismissed the song for being “not so catchy” or “too dark.” I personally thought it was one of her coolest singles. Yes it is dark. In fact it is dark enough that it would’ve made a great James Bond intro song.

No comments: