About This Site

Each month I select 20 songs (10 songs twice a month) that I am either hooked on or am curious about. Most of the music I select are rock, hip-hop, R&B and pop songs.

My song selection comes from 20-30 CDs I get from various sources each month, as well as recommendations from iTunes and Amazon. I also check out the charts in US, UK and Japan.

November 29, 2009

Wyclef Jean - Slumdog Millionaire /ft. Cyndi Lauper

Album: From The Hut, To The Projects To The Mansion

Other than being featured on Shakira’s “Hips Don’t Lie”, we haven’t heard much from Wyclef Jean recently. He has released a couple of solo projects here and there this past decade, but nothing has rivaled the success of his former group, The Fugees. His latest release comes in form of a mix-tape, and it is actually quite good. On the track, “Warrior’s Anthem”, Wyclef explains to his new younger audience who he is, and makes a point of clarifying that he is not will.i.am from the Black Eyed Peas. This track, featuring Cyndi Lauper is one of the slower tracks from the album, but Wyclef still shows that he is a good rapper.

No comments: